Battery Engineering Intern
Cuberg is looking for a Battery Engineering Intern who will push forward the development and testing of next-generation ultra-lightweight lithium metal battery chemistries. The Intern will design a research plan, prepare materials, fabricate test cells, perform experiments, and present results. This is primarily a summer internship position, but we will also consider strong intern candidates at other times of the year.
Ideal candidates are looking for a rapid learning opportunity, are detail- and process-oriented, thrive with hands-on lab work, and perform well in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
- Review and understand scientific literature on lithium metal technology
- Prepare novel electrolyte formulations to enhance lithium metal cyclability
- Prepare battery components and coin cells for testing
- Design and assemble battery test fixtures for extreme operating environments
- Perform a variety of electrochemical and physical characterization experiments
- Present results to the team and suggest new pathways for development
- Completed significant coursework in a scientific or engineering field (e.g. materials science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, etc.)
- Working knowledge of battery fundamentals and operation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, and is capable of delivering project deliverables on time
- Compensation: $800/week
- Duration: 12-16 weeks (flexible)
- Hours: full-time
- Unlimited coffee and tea
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!